Show the world your baby has serious style.
BabyWit.com‘s quirky, eclectic t-shirts for children is the largest collection of comic infant and toddler t-shirts on the Internet, according to founder Rosalee Rester. You can also find one-pieces, bibs, dresses, blankets, slippers and other accessories in funky, alternative prints.
Apparently, Rosalee started Baby Wit because she was tired of seeing cute rainbows, hearts and bears on baby shirts (“Especially bears. We hated bears.”). More to the point, Rosalee’s designs for kids clothing reveal quite a sense of humor, with an adult sensibility. And for the past 10 years, the rock-inspired Baby Wit brand has become quite popular, too.
Our best sellers come from pop culture icons and the music you love, that someday your baby will grow to appreciate, too.
- rock baby clothes (Sonic Youth, Sex Pistols)
- unique art on baby clothes (DAVe Warnke, Option-G)
- conscientious baby clothes (Stephen Colbert, Protester, Emma Goldman)
- funny baby clothes (“My Mama Drinks Because I Cry,” “If You Think I’m Good Lookin’ You Should See My Uncle,” Jon Stewart)
- celebrity baby clothes (Hitchcock, Bukowski, Bill Murray, Clint Eastwood)
- select clothes are also available for women, men and dogs -yep, your family pet!
Made in the USA. Baby Wit infant and toddler clothing is made from sustainable fabrics, and is hand-pressed using retro iron-on transfers, or hand-printed using non-toxic water based inks. Everything is cut, sewn and printed in Portland, OR.
Baby Wit is a Small Itty Bitty Tiny Single Mom Run Business. “It’s just me holding down the fort,” Rosalee says. “This past year I’ve had to lay off my last employee, so it’s just me running the shop now,” Rosalee says. “Yes, I’m the one answering the phones, your emails, making all your shirts, folding them, packing them and labeling them. Sorry for the crappy gift wrapping. I seem to be lacking in that department. Patience is appreciated! A shout out and hearty thank you to all my current customers.”
She may be running Baby Wit by herself these days, but Rosalee is continually at the forefront of the alternative clothing movement, being one the first manufacturers to market with rock clothing for babies. She makes an effort to introduce new and revolutionary concepts to the shopping public all the time – like her new brand Yankers, a clothing line made especially for easy diaper changes.
I say Rock On, Rosalee.
- Children’s Retail Today publishes new posts on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. If you want to get the word out about your innovative, imaginative and inspiring products for children, contact me today!